1. First Name? Douglas.
2. Were you named after anyone? My mother's little sister had married someone called Doug. He's now (since about two years ago) my mother's boyfriend.
3. Do you wish on stars? No.
4. Which finger(s) is/are your favourite? The ring finger on my right had is medically the most interesting/entertaining. I suppose that counts. Additionally, it's on the ring fingers of each hand that the fingernails grow quickest, and I bite my nails.
5. When did you last cry? Quite recently, in Chat.
6. Do you like your handwriting? I don't have handwriting. I can barely hold a pen and make do. I write clunky rounded block capitals. Fetch me a keyboard.
7. What is your favourite lunch meat? Lunch often isn't meat. Cheese or fish, if it's a sandwich. Today it was a bacon and egg ciabatta, though.
8. Any bad habits? Loads. I am a filthy pervert, after all.
9. What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf? I own very few CDs. I have a "Chas'n'Dave greatest hits" somewhere ...
10. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I'd like to think so. But I might find myself a little odd.
11. Are you a daredevil? No. I'm daring, in certain specific small fields, but I'm not a devil.
12. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell? I don't believe so.
13. Do looks matter? No. Except in so far as they modify attitudes amongs the idiots who think that they do matter, and we have to handle that.
14. Have you ever misused a word and it sounded absolutely stupid? More than once.
15. Do you think there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Literally? no. Figuratively? of course there is.
16. Do fish have feelings? It's entirely possible. They certainly react to stimuli, so they can feel. But fish brains aren't very big -- The suspicion is that there's not a lot going on behind the scenes.
17. Are you trendy? Oh, please. I doubt it.
18. How do you release anger? The same way I release lots of other emotions -- by writing about it.
19. Where are your second homes? I retreat to the net. Alternatively, to my Mother's home in North Devon, or anywhere else old and familiar.
20. Do you trust others easily? If there's no evidence that I shouldn't, then I'm trusting by default.
21. What was your favorite toy as a child? I had books, or geeky toys. A number of 3D puzzles that only I could do, including the very famous Rubik's Cube.
22. What class in school did you think was totally useless? At its best, mathematics. I was always hurt when I discovered that another bit of maths that I'd formerly seen as pure had been sullied by having an application.
23. Have you ever been on radio or television? Only in the background.
24. Would you ever want to be on the radio or television? No. I prefer the Stage.
25. Do you have a journal? Dur.
26. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Only as a weapon, when I can be fairly confident that the other party is weaker than me.
27. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? I had to google for this. And now I know what a mosh pit is, it transpires that I have -- but only as an emergency first-aider, and not as a mosher.
28. What do you look for in a guy/girl? All sorts of things -- they need to feel right. They have to want me too. That thing I can't name, but I know when it's there. And of course The Voice. Not a voice, but The Voice, and The Attitude which it represents.
29. Your nickname? You tell me.
30. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. But I untie them to put them on.
31. What are you worried about right now? One thing long-term -- it can't be hard to guess what, but the clues are brought to you by the number 31 and the letter S. And one thing short-term -- the tickets for the next stage in the former thing.
32. [question mysteriously absent] so I'll invite whoever lifts the meme from me to insert one here in a style consistent with the others.
33. What's your favourite ice cream flavour? I share this answer with scarlatti as well she knows -- but I really like those little chocolate fish you get in Ben'n'Jerry's Phish Food.
34. What are your favourite colours? Green, for reasons discussed at length in a previous post.
35. What is your least favourite thing in the world? Currently, the calendar -- but it changes from time to time.
36. How many wisdom teeth do you have? Three, same as scarlatti. The bottom-right one never emerged. However the four teeth one immediately behind each canine are missing.
37. Are you in love w/anyone? Yes. And there are people I love with whom I am not "in" love, too.
38. How many people have a crush on you right now? I have one obvious nominee.
39. Who do you miss most right now? Most? scarlatti. But Anne comes a constant second, with a prominence which varies over time.
40. Have you ever tried to lick your elbow once when someone told you it is possible? If course. At (say) 14 I could get quite close, licking the side of the joint well towards the outside corner. Nowadays, my neck and shoulder are a lot less flexible than they were. Oddly my tongue hasn't deteriorated at all.