|Less ept than usual
||[Aug. 23rd, 2006|03:44 pm]
Three times today, I've poured coffee from the jug into the mug, and each time a bit of it has sloshed over the edge and down the side of the mug. I wonder if my body is trying to tell me something.
In other news, today I'm working with a server which has a disk which is failing. It goes like this:
In due course it'll all be copied and I can change a couple of mount points and we'll be up and running again. But meanwhile...
- Give disk 1 a flick of the wrist while it's powering up so that it starts spinning
- Wait for OS to boot (from disk 0, fortunately)
- Check that disk 1 is responding
- rsync a bit more stuff from disk 1 to disk 2
- Watch until disk 1 goes offline
- Repeat from step 1.