- Some things I'd like to see the new administration introduce/implement in the USA over the course of the next four years:
- A ban on unreasonable searches and seizures by government, including an end to illegal wiretapping.
- Proper separation of the roles of the legislature, executive and judiciary, with a set of accompanying checks and balances to enable each branch to restrain abuse by the others.
- A prompt charge, access to due process, and a speedy trial -- or swift release and compensation -- for all people arrested, and an end to cruel and unusual punishments.
- Equality of opportunity for all people, including a resolution of the three disappointments I've listed above.
I feel good about how things have gone in the first 72 hours. You know, I think I feel good about how things are going to go in the future, too.