|My Eastercon programme, let me show you it.
||[Mar. 29th, 2010|03:45 pm]
The annual British national science fiction convention is called Eastercon, and takes place over the Easter weekend.
This year, the 61st Eastercon is called Odyssey, and takes place at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel, near Heathrow.
My programme appearances are as follows:
- Friday 16:00 "Hitchhiker Games" -- ZZ9 are running a session of silly games, and I'll be running "Towel Fu".
- Friday 22:00 "Physics of BDSM" -- lproven and I will be teaching you some science. He's a biologist and I'm a mathematician, I think that making us both do physics is where the BDSM comes in.
- Sunday 10:00 "Easter Service - Christian" -- It's Easter, one of the principal festivals of the Christian year, and Christians would normally expect to be in Church on Sunday morning. My background draws on Methodist, Anglican, Roman and Reformed traditions, so there should be something recognisable here for most Christians. Eucharist, Holy Communion, Lord's Supper, call it what you will, with myself as Celebrant.
- Sunday 16:00 "GUFF Trip Report and Candidate Interviews" -- Northern Hemisphere administrator ang_grrr presents her trip report, and then interviews southbound candidates lostcarpark and myself about our respective candidacies.
- Sunday 19:15 "Harry Plokta and the Half-Cut Prince" -- The SF crossover musical, revised and re-staged from our critical success at <plokta.con> last year.
- Monday 12:00 "Scrabble Tactics" -- You've got "NO IDEAS" on your rack and your opponent's last word is "SUPERB". What do you do?
- Monday 21:00 "Bad Sex in SF" -- We have steadfastly scoured our shelves in order to bring you some very badly-written sex scenes. It'll be awful, really very nasty indeed.
Additionally I'm intending to get to the fan-fund auction on Saturday evening where I may be helping out in a vain attempt to prevent myself from spending any money. Otherwise I'll probably be in the bar.
Vote in the GUFF race, if you haven't done so already and you're active in fandom; candidates are lostcarpark and me, and you can find ballot papers and so on here. Voting closes at 23:59 GMT on April 5th.
 Play "adonise" alongside "superb" to make "so", "un", "pi", "es" and "re" with 50 bonus points.
Anonymous comment spam:
2011-01-09 12:29 from 22.214.171.124
2011-01-17 11:42 from 126.96.36.199
2011-02-04 04:47 from 188.8.131.52